Hermansville First UMC is Mission of the Year
In the early days of this small logging and lumbering town, established as a community in 1878, there was no “house of the Lord,” at least in terms of an organized church with a church building.
IN 1882 a Sunday school was begun to meet the needs of faith-searching people in the community. In 1887, Rev. MacDonald, a Methodist minister who hailed from Canada, began preaching in the school house.
With a desire in the community for a Protestant church to be built, a lot was acquired on the present location, and in 1898, a church was erected. The Methodist Episcopal Church began serving the local and nearby residents through worship, ministry and mission. On November 9, 1903, a fire caused by a defective chimney flue, ravaged the